June 9, 2022–9:00 a.m.
POLK COUNTY POLICE NEWS RELEASE
On June 9, 2022, at 00:05, officers with the Uniformed Patrol Division were dispatched to an address on Cashtown Loop (Aragon) in reference to a report of a subject with a gun call.
Polk County E-911 advised that a male subject had also pointed a firearm at a juvenile.
Upon the arrival of our officers, they were able to locate the male (identified as David Wheeler) sitting in a white Chrysler 300.
Due to the nature of the E-911 call, Officers began giving loud verbal commands for Wheeler to exit the vehicle.
Wheeler refused to obey lawful commands from officers and refused to exit the vehicle.
After several minutes of ordering Wheeler out of the car, patrol officers began to attempt to bust the window out of the suspect vehicle.
The window was ultimately busted out, and Wheeler was removed from the vehicle.
Wheeler was subsequently placed under arrest without incident.
While being transported to the Polk County Sheriff’s Office, Wheeler continued to be combative.
Upon his arrival at the jail, a Schedule I controlled substance was located on his person.
Polk County Police will not release all details of this case, due to juveniles being involved.
The investigation culminated in the following charges:
– Aggravated Assault (FVA) (F)
– Terroristic Threats (F)
– Cruelty to Children – 1st Degree (FVA) (F)
– Cruelty to Children – 1st Degree (F)
– Possession of a Firearm During the Commission of a Crime (F)
– Reckless Conduct (M)
– Obstruction of Law Enforcement (M) (x2 counts)
– Obstruction of Law Enforcement (F)
– Interference with Government Property (F)
– Possession of a Schedule I Controlled Substance (F)
– Crossing the Guardline with Drugs (F)