November 29th, 2020
Blood Assurance Press Release-
Blood Assurance says there is an urgent need for convalescent plasma to treat people infected with COVID-19.
Convalescent plasma is the purified plasma donated by people who were sick with the coronavirus. The body’s response to the virus involves creating antibodies to fight off the illness. Potential plasma donors need to be at least 14 days from their positive test and 14 days symptom-free to donate.
Who can donate?
- Must be in good health
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Weigh at least 110 lbs
- Have valid identification and a permanent address
- Have had no tattoos or piercings within the last 4 months
What should you bring?
- A valid Government issued identification (Example: Driver’s license, Military ID, etc.)
- Proof of social security number (Example: Social Security Card)
- If you are a resident of Mexico, please also provide a valid Border Crossing Card (BCC) or US Visa and Government issued document/identification indicating the CURP (Clave Unica de Registro de Poblacion) number
- Proof of local residency (Example: Piece of mail postmarked in the past 30 days, current lease, utility bill, etc)
What you can do to prepare before donating
- Drink 4-6 eight-ounce glasses of water, fruit juice or other caffeine-free liquid at least 2 to 3 hours before donation
- Avoid caffeinated beverages
- Avoid alcohol of any type for 24 hours before you donate
- Eat a meal prior to donation
- Get adequate sleep
Visit the Blood Assurance website at the link HERE to make a donation appointment.