June 19th, 2020 – 9:45 AM
Redmond Regional Medical Center
A health insurance coverage hotline has been established by Redmond Regional Medical Center and HCA Healthcare, to assist those whose insurance coverage has been impacted by a life-changing event, such as job loss or reduced income, as a result of the economic impact caused by COVID-19.
“The COVID-19 crisis has challenged our communities in many ways, and we understand a number of our neighbors have experienced the stress of losing their health insurance” said John Quinlivan, Redmond Chief Executive Officer. “In setting up the Health Insurance Coverage Hotline, we want to assist and support our community as we move forward.”
Advisors are available by phone to help explain health insurance coverage options. Anyone may call the hotline and receive free, confidential and personalized guidance. Advisors will provide helpful information based on the caller’s unique situation and explain coverage choices available, such as:
- Continuing your employer’s existing plan if you have recently lost your job (COBRA and other options)
- Applying for coverage via a spouse’s benefit program
- Resources that may help offset the costs of health insurance
- Medicaid: Government healthcare for those that meet certain criteria
- State and federal health insurance exchanges (such as the Affordable Care Act), and how to enroll due to a changing life event
The goal in providing the free hotline is to help patients get the information they need so they may confidently manage their health needs. There is no representation with any other company and the healthcare system/hospital is not selling insurance plans.
For help understanding options for health insurance coverage, call the hotline advisors at (833) 541-5757 Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. until 6 p.m. (EST). You may also visit our Coronavirus Resource Center at RedmondRegional.com for additional information.