1. He falls asleep during When Harry Met Sally, arguably one of the best rom-coms. What gives? You made it through all of The Rockfor him. Twice.
Most men dont feel particularly alive during romantic comediestheyre just not relatable enough to be interesting. Although he probably wont admit it, the little boy inside of him secretly feels like the hero in every action movie. In a romantic comedy, not so much.
2. Hes been in the bathroom for an hour, and maybe youre being paranoid, but youre fairly certain that hes hanging out in there to avoid you.
Everyone needs the occasional breather after a noisy dayand that downtime may involve sitting on the toilet reading Game of Thrones before he tackles the dishes. That doesnt mean hes avoiding you, just that he wants a little escape from thinking in general.
3. All of a sudden he's gotten super into exercise. Counting carbs is now his life, which is making you feel like hes more interested in calories than you.
Sitting with someone whos abstaining from grains while you nosh on stale Easter candy, feeling judged, can be a complete drag. Not to mention that his newfound, slightly obsessive healthy behavior has taken all the fun out of going out to dinnereven if you do, for better or for worse, get to attack the breadbasket alone.
4. Much like your little bro, the first thing he wants to do when he gets home is play Grand Theft Autoand hes 35.
You may not find killing virtual hookers and crashing cars relaxing, but your husband is likely using the game as a way to transition from work mode to family mode. And taking that time to unwind makes it likely that he'll be more present for you later.
5. He checks the score of the baseball game on his phone while youre on a date.
On some level, he feels like hes betraying his team if hes not supporting it, at least in spirit. If youre also a big sports fan, youre likely able to relate. Still, you understand that alone time with your husband can be a rarity, so you may prioritize differently.
6. Your typically thoughtful husband has never forgotten your coffee order in a decade, until all of a sudden one day, he comes home with a single Starbucksnothing for you.
Your mind may be running wild, but try not to take what was likely an innocent oversight too seriously. He was probably under a deep problem-solving trance when he ordered and just totally forgot. And lets be honest: Youve likely been distracted and done the same thing before.
7. After you spent hours okay, at least an hour cooking a nice meal, he proceeds to finish his steak in a hot second and leaves half of your perfectly roasted Brussels sprouts untouched.
I tend to overanalyze, but the surest sign of liking something is engaging with itso take his wolfing down dinner as the compliment it is. Additionally, studies show that multitasking takes a greater toll on
Return to: Kevin Daniels Blog